Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Branson

Branson has been lots of fun, even with all the hills! We even got to drive down the "strip" a few times. It's windy and hilly, very unlike the strip in Vegas! The weather has been wonderful the whole time we've been here with lows in the 40s and 50s and highs in the 80s. We've done lots of shopping, but we haven't found anything we can't live without so we haven't bought anything (that's good shopping!) We've gotten to eat out a few time and had very good food when we did. We've seen two more concerts: The Osmonds on Friday night and Don Williams on Saturday night. We'd forgotten we liked their music so much! They were both really good shows!

Today, being Sunday, we went to Sacrament Meeting, Sunday School, and Relief Society. We were a bit surprised to be sitting 2 rows behind Wayne Osmond during Sacrament Meeting. Then I went into the cultural hall for Sunday School and found an empty chair. Wayne and Kathy Osmond sat down right next to me! I got to introduce myself as a visitor from Moscow, Idaho during Sunday School (and after class, I shook Wayne's hand and told him one of the shows we had to go to was theirs and that we really enjoyed it!) Walking to Relief Society, I was stopped by Danell Tennison, she served part of her mission in Pullman, Washington! It was really fun to talk with her. I sat next to her in Relief Society and Kathy Osmond sat on the other side of me. They were really nice to a visitor!! After Relief Society, Danell asked me if we'd like to go to another show. Seems she had a free pass to the Branson Variety Theater, where she works and wanted to know if I'd be interested! We're going to see "Broadway, The Star-Spangled Celebration" Wednesday. Thanks Danell. It was an eventful Sunday! (Yes, Jay was there too. I saw him in the hall after Relief Society.) What a week!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Miss you guys! Looks like you are having such a good time. Your Oregon pics were fun to look at. My boys are wanting to go to the Oregon coast. :)

Moscow Monson's said...

Betsy how much fun!! Some of the Osmond brothers used to come to my home ward when they would visit their cousin in Tempe AZ. They were always so nice. I was pretty young and can't remember which ones but I do remember them being very nice.

Jenn said...

So fun!!!! Church sounds eventful in Branson!!

Amanda said...

I am so jealous!! I've had a crush on The Osmonds (especially Donny) since I was two years old! Always wanted to be Marie too. Did get to meet Donny a few years ago and I could hardly speak. What a fun story!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Steve's Parents were in Branson a few weeks ago and LOVED it! They now want everyone to go there for a family reunion!

Post a Comment