Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Since my last post (the day before my birthday) we have been busy! Howard took me out to a Texas steakhouse in Tupelo, MS for dinner on my birthday. I had a huge rib eye (with leftovers) and it was super yummy. We had some work done on the coach while we were in Tupelo and then we headed south. As we were going across Alabama and Georgia they were right in the middle of the cotton harvest. The huge things in this picture are cotton bales. They lift them onto huge flatbed trucks to haul them to the processing plant and only one bale per truck. It was really neat to watch them!

Just after we got here we were going on the on ramp to go visit the kids south of us and I had to take a picture of these thunder heads. They get really dramatic on the coast and I thought the contrast to the beautiful sunny day and the clouds was really cool. We didn't get any rain from these clouds, but there is a sea breeze every day so it helps keep it feeling cooler. We've had temperatures in the 80s since we got here so we're spending every afternoon in the pool to keep cool! I cooled into the 60s the last two nights though (cooling trend?!) A few of the people we met 2 years ago are here already, but most people will start arriving in December so the park
is pretty quiet.
This is our home for the next five months. Yes, the door is open, it's about 6:30 so it's starting to cool down some! (It's down to 76 outside.) Next week we get to watch Koby and Dean while Di heads to Burley so that should be a busy and fun time for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment