Thursday, April 16, 2009

St. Louis, MO and Springfield, IL

Our first view of the St. Louis Arch was from our RV, across the river from the Arch. Really a pretty picture. We took the Metro Link across to visit the Arch.
This is the cool "artsie" picture from the Metro Link station at the Arch. We too the tram up to the top -- 650 feet tall!! It was worth the trip. Really a neat experience. We also got to go to the IMAX Lewis & Clark movie and the Museum of Western Expansion. It was a really good day.

Lincoln's home in Springfield. Last time I was through was 1964, before the neighborhood was made a National Park. We also went through the Old Capital and the Lincoln Museum. Both were really great and well worth the time and cost!


This little covered bridge was within a few miles of our campsite near Chatham. It was cool to walk through. We could see how the bridge had been made, no nails! Next stop Nauvoo!!!!!



4 comments:

Moscow Monson's said...

I love "traveling" with you guys! Thanks for the comments on my blog I love hearing from you. I miss bumping into you in town or while I'm out walking. Can't wait to see where we go next!

Idaho Penningtons said...

We did the Arch too - Very cool! When you are in Nauvoo - look of Sister Sara Picard - I think she is at Carthage - she just left the MTC a few days ago! you will LOVE NAUVOO!

Mary C. said...

Sounds SO fun! I want to be retired too!

Jenn said...

hanks for the post cards-- the kids love getting mail from you!! We decided that we are going to save all of them and then we can see all the places that Grandma and Grandpa have been-- so fun!! Post some pics of Nauvoo--you know I'm jealous!!

Post a Comment