Saturday, December 13, 2008

Civil War Reenactment

For our anniversary today we went to a Civil War Reenactment in Fort Pierce. It was pretty cool and very loud. (The Confederate Army won, after all this is Florida!) This is the Union Army.
This is the Confederate Army formed and ready for battle.

This was taken in the middle of the battle.


This is smoke from all the gun powder. The cannons really spread the smoke.



After the reenactment, all the players fired to salute the audience. I was taking a picture just as the announcer said "aim," but with my camera delay I got the shot just as they fired so I got flair from the end of the muzzle loaders. It was a cool experience. After this was over we went out to dinner in Port Saint Lucie. What a fun day!




3 comments:

Kristin said...

Did not know you had a blog! How fun. Looks like you and Howard are enjoying the traveling life. Take care and Happy holidays.

Idaho Penningtons said...

Looks like fun! But you're missing out on ALL THE SNOW AND FREEZING WEATHER!!!!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Betsy,
I need your guys address - I lost it - need to send you a Christmas card - my email is rpennington85@gmail.com -

Thanks,
Rachel

Post a Comment